FAHQ: What is Emotional Inteligence
What is Emotional Intelligence, why do healthcare workers need it, and how can it be improved?
When: Tuesday, Oct 5th 2021 1:00 - 2:00 pm EST
Sandy S. Weiss, DBA, MBA‐HCM, RN, CPHQ, CPPS, CSM, PMP
Division Director of Quality, HCA Physician Services Group, St Petersburg, FL
Speaker Objectives: participants will be able to:
- Recognize what emotional intelligence is and is not
- Identify how emotional intelligence can provide benefits at work and in personal life
- Discuss burnout and resilience and the relationship they have with healthcare quality/patient safety
- Learn practical strategies that can be implemented immediately to improve levels of the primary components of emotional intelligence: Self‐Awareness, Self‐Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Management.
- Learn practical strategies that can be implemented immediately to increase emotional intelligence
Approved by the Florida Board of Nursing for 1.0 hour CE credit.
Approval requested from NAHQ for 1.0 hour of CPHQ recertification credit.
NOTE: This event, offered by an organization participating in Healthcare Quality Collective, is available at no cost for active members of each participating organization. Participating organziations organize and host the events and are responsible for registration and certificate generation. Registration processes are not all the same due to system differences. Please reach out to the hosting organization if you are having difficulty with registration or your certificate of attendance.