To award financial assistance to AzAHQ members who have not yet obtained the Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ®) credential.
Amount of Grant
- ONE (1) CPHQ® review course
- ONE (1) CPHQ® exam fee reimbursement if passed within 1 year of
- ONE (1) free conference registration within 1 year of successful certification
Grant recipient(s) will be determined annually by the AzAHQ Board of Directors.
*** The recipient of this grant must complete the AzAHQ sponsored review course & exam within one (1) year of receiving the grant.
- Open to all
qualityprofessionals who are individual AzAHQ members in good standing, excluding currentAzAHQ Board of Directors.
- The applicant must be currently working in the healthcare quality field.
- The applicant is not eligible if previously certified.
- Those applying for the Certification Grant are not eligible for the AzAHQ Memorial Scholarship fund.
Applications are accepted annually at AzAHQ’s Office and must be received by September 30. Applications must have all required documents in one PDF file and may be submitted via email to Holly Grems at email@example.com.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. The AzAHQ Board of Directors will review completed applications and score them based on the application criteria.
Grant recipients will be notified of selection, announced at the next General Membership Meeting, and recognized in
- All applications will be scored based upon the applicant’s compliance with eligibility criteria as well as the quality and comprehensiveness of responses.
- Resumes/CVs will not be accepted.
The following must be submitted together in one scanned pdf file that includes at least your last name in the file name.
- One complete, typed copy of the grant application. Hand-written applications will not be considered.
- The application should also include a description of the primary responsibilities of your current job role and key work accomplishments within
last2 years. ( 250 wordmaximum)
- An essay that describes your reasons for seeking certification and the perceived benefits for your career advancement. (
- Two letters of recommendation from a colleague or supervisor in support of the applicant’s pursuit of CPHQ.
Post Award Processes
Scheduling to Attend a CPHQ® Review Course
CPHQ® Review Course registration process:
Grant winners may choose to
- Register & pay for
an NAHQonline review course and request reimbursement for a maximum amount of $400. Submit requestfor reimbursement after attendance. OR
- Register & pay for an in-person course (local or out of state) and request reimbursement for a maximum amount of $499. Travel expenses are not reimbursable.
NOTE: AzAHQ will not reimburse registration fees incurred due to failure to cancel if unable to attend/participate. Grant winner is responsible for canceling registration
Please submit requests for reimbursement with a copy of the registration payment receipt and a copy of
Register & Complete the Certification Exam
Upon successful certification, within one year of
Attend one AzAHQ sponsored conference within one year of certification
Register for a conference without processing payment. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your registration is being done as a new
For questions about this grant or the application process, contact Holly Grems, AzAHQ Manager, at email@example.com or 623-680-9955