One of my favorite quotes is from Mike Tyson, who said “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.” Reflecting
- Webinars: We held our first webinar last year (free of charge) and we are starting to line up speakers for 2021! Our first webinar of the year will feature a friend of AzAHQ, Robert Hess III of Hess 3 Consulting and we have tentatively scheduled it for March 26th. More to come on this soon.
- Partnerships: We partnered with three other healthcare quality associations to offer additional quarterly free CPHQ CEUs. I’m excited to share a fifth association has agreed to join our partnership! Active AzAHQ members now have the opportunity to earn up to 20 CPHQ CEs in 2021 at no additional cost. Keep an eye out for the official announcement within the next few weeks.
As we soldier into 2021, the AzAHQ Board is smaller than it has been in the past but far more ambitious with what we would like to accomplish, and that includes member engagement! We’re looking for volunteers to help support our community with some time-limited projects including:
- Identifying webinar speakers,
- Updating our website,
- Developing a Student Ambassador program with higher education institutions, and
- Mentoring candidates through the CPHQ certification process
If you’d like to join our volunteer team or if you have questions about supporting AzAHQ, please email me: email@example.com. We also have open positions on our Board of Directors and I would be happy to discuss with anyone interested.
Though 2021 has given us no reprieve from the body blows of last year, my excitement for what we can accomplish together continues to grow!
On behalf of the AzAHQ 2021 Board of Directors, thank you for being a part of this special group of high-quality professionals. I am elated to continue serving our community and look forward to sharing this journey with each of you.
Andrew Kopolow, MPA, MSW, CPHQ, PMP, CLSSMBB